Welcome

Hello and thank you for visiting! Reading is such a vital part of every child's success in school. Parents who read to their young children impact their ability and interest to learn to read. I want to be able to help children and their parents feel successful at school now and in the future. What better way than with books! As a result, I have decided to implement literacy kits in my classroom this fall. My goal is to create and log at least 34 kits for the start of the 2011-12 school year; enough for each one of my students to be able to check out a kit to take home.

Monday, April 25, 2011

ABC Kit


Learning to identify letters and their sounds is large portion of our early literacy focus. This kit joins ASL with the alphabet in hopes to add a physical memory for each letter in addition to the letter sound.

ABC Kit Contents
The ABC Bunny by Wanda Ga’g
My First Book of Sign Language by Joan Holub
4 Big & Little Lines
2 Big & Little Curves
Handwriting Without Tears Sheet (http://www.hwtears.com/)
Alphabet Stencil
4 Half Sheets Paper
1 Pencil
Journal page
Visit http://starfall.com/ for additional practice and ideas



No comments:

Post a Comment