Welcome

Hello and thank you for visiting! Reading is such a vital part of every child's success in school. Parents who read to their young children impact their ability and interest to learn to read. I want to be able to help children and their parents feel successful at school now and in the future. What better way than with books! As a result, I have decided to implement literacy kits in my classroom this fall. My goal is to create and log at least 34 kits for the start of the 2011-12 school year; enough for each one of my students to be able to check out a kit to take home.

Monday, April 18, 2011

General Format for Literacy Kits

The following is the format I am going to use to create literacy kits for students in my classroom.  I could have paid $40-$60 per kit and just ordered them, but I wanted to focus on inexpensive, reusable options that families could emulate at home on their own if they so desire.
Direction Sheet for parents/caregivers attached to colored paper and laminated
Hanging Bags-1 per kit
1-2 Books
Activity/Exploration/Craft Kit
Student Journal Page
Time Documentation Sheet
2 Laminated Pictures of Contents and Written List-both attached to outside of bag and filed in classroom.
Checkout Card for Student Signature
Reminder to return kit on Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment